Together with our 348 walkers on 44 teams, our 53 amazing volunteers and our team of Captains we raised almost $65,000 dollars this year!
And we want to thank our local sponsors for all of their support:
* Our Lead Sponsor: Royal LePage in the Comox Valley. Royal LePage supports Dawn to Dawn and Comox Valley Transition Society throughout the year and this is their 2nd year as the Lead
Sponsor for the Walk.
* Our Supporting Sponsor: Hub Int’l Barton Insurance. This is the 3rd year for us doing the Walk and Hub has been with us since the beginning.
* Our Event Sponsors: Presley & Partners and YQQ – Comox Valley Airport. These sponsors have also been with us for 3 years! Thank you.
* Our Distance Sponsor: Costco was our only Distance Sponsor this year and they also provided all the treats that were available on Walk night.
* Our Media Sponsors: Comox Valley Record, 97.3 The Eagle, and What’s On Digest helped us out with advertising and getting the word out about the event! Thank you so much!
* Our Food Sponsors: McDonalds was back again for the 3rd year providing coffee, hot chocolate and yummy cookies at St. George’s United Church and at the Rest Stop!; Plates made the chili
again this year for after the Walk and it was so good!; and the newly open True Grain provided the buns to go with the chili.
We also had Water Pure & Simple provide water at the other 2 stops, Kal Tire provided the cups and volunteers at the water rest stops, and Reliable Auto lent us their parking lot and washrooms for the main Rest Stop.
WHEW! That’s a lot of people and we thank each and every one of you from our Hearts! We couldn’t do this without you all and we are so grateful! You have made a difference in the lives of so many people in the Comox Valley and we are truly blessed!