Job Summary: The Thrift Store Associate works as part of a team performing a wide variety of duties under the direction of the Thrift Store Manager to ensure an efficient and profitable store operation. The Thrift Store Associate is cross trained and works in all areas of the store, performing all duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively handles Cash Register Transactions and other processes and duties associated with the function.
- Receives, sorts and distributes donations including recycling as per established procedures.
- Processes donations which includes inspecting, evaluating, cleaning, testing, packaging, labeling, and Prices donation as per established procedures.
- Puts Out merchandise on the selling floor as per established procedures.
- Provides Coverage on the floor to maintain a safe, clean, tidy, organized, well merchandised selling floor including clearing fitting rooms, attending to cash to eliminate lines ups and providing service to customers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Be multi task oriented and organized
- Physically fit with the ability to properly lift heavy items and heavier items with assistance.
- Cash register experience and ability to work with numbers.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Education and Training
- High school diploma
- One year experience in a retail.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Relevant Criminal Record clearance.
Job Type: Casual
NOTE: Casual Availability
As a Casual employee, there are no guaranteed shifts. All Casual employees are required to make themselves available a minimum of fifteen days each month, including two weekends (Friday and Saturday). The shifts are generally 9:20am to 5:20pm. Schedules are sent out by the 10th of each month for the following month, but you may also be called in at shorter notice to cover for regular staff who are on a leave or if the store is particularly busy.
Send resume and cover letter to: Kate Mantta; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mail or in person: 625 England Ave., Courtenay
Please contact us for a full job description.
End Date is: Open until filled. We thank everyone who applies but only those shortlisted will be contacted.