Regular Part-time Awake Residential Night Worker – Amethyst House, Residential Recovery Program for Women
Two nights per week, Thursdays and Fridays 11pm to 8am.
Pay: starting at $17.27 per hour
The Awake Residential Night Worker monitors and attends to the well- being and safety of residents during the night. Maintains a comfortable, safe and clean living environment, performs light housekeeping duties Supports residents in their morning and evening routines at the beginning and end of shift including breakfast preparation. Responds to problems and emergencies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
- Female applicants only as this is a women’s residential facility.
- Grade 12 education.
- Relevant Criminal Record Clearance.
- A full BC license and clean driver’s abstract.
- An aptitude and interest in substance use and related issues
- Six months recent relevant experience working in a residential setting
- Valid Level I First Aid Certificate including CPR,
- Food Safe Certification
Also seeking casual staff:
In a casual position there are no guarantee of hours. You will be offered hours based on seniority either to fill planned or short notice absences of regular staff. All Casual employees must make themselves available a minimum of 12 nights each month including two weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) per month and a minimum of 7 statutory holidays per year.
Send your cover letter and resume to Kate Mantta: email – HR@cvts.ca, in person at 625 England Ave., Courtenay, or by fax at 250-897-0595