From April 10 – 21, 2017 we are running our annual Peace Begins At Home campaign to end family violence.
For so many women and children in the Comox Valley, home is not a safe place to be. The RCMP responded to 163 incidents of domestic violence in 2016. Through our work, we know that domestic violence is not just physical so we are aware that there were many more local incidents that went unreported.
The motto of this campaign is “Peace Begins at Home” and assumes that there is a home. At the Transition Society, we work everyday with women who don’t have homes and who live every day with extreme vulnerability as a result. We also work with women who are afraid to leave violent relationships because of the lack of affordable housing to move to.
How can you help?
* Speak out against family violence
* Take the pledge here: https://cvts.ca/peace-begins-at-home/
* Donate to Comox Valley Transition Society here: https://cvts.ca/contribute/
* Donate to Too Good To Be Threw which is our thrift store. All proceeds come back into programs and services
* Support initiatives in your community to expand the stock of affordable housing