"It's Not Just" is the 2022 Government of Canada theme for this year's 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence (GBV). It reminds us of the injustice of GBV and brings attention to how it is dismissed and minimized. It also highlights that GBV is not a private issue, but a systemic cycle that we all have a role in eliminating.
Ways to support
- Wear purple on November 25 to raise awareness of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
- Follow our Facebook and Instagram pages from November 25- December 10 to share the 16 Days campaign and learn about GBV.
- Use the 16 Days of Activism background for your virtual meetings.
- Wear a white ribbon on December 6, National Day of Remembrance, to honour the victims of the Polytechnique Montreal tragedy and those that have lost their lives to GBV.
- Take time on December 10, Human Rights Day, to read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Become an ally – listen, believe, educate, speak out and intervene.