Lilli House, our transition house, provides safe, comfortable shelter for women fleeing abuse, and for their children.
Staff are available 24 hours a day to provide information and emotional support in a safe, secure, non-judgmental, confidential environment.
Residents are also provided with practical help and information to meet needs such as housing, legal information, income assistance, and services for children.
Lilli House has a children’s program that provides activities and support to children, and to their mothers.
To access Lilli House call the 24hr crisis line at 250. 338.1227
Staff will help make arrangements for you to get to Lilli House safely. In an emergency call 911!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I have to share a room with another woman? No, women don’t share rooms in Lilli House. Each woman has her own room. The bedroom doors all lock and each woman has a key to her own room. Children share bedrooms with their mothers.
- How long can I stay at Lilli House? Our staff will work with you to develop a plan for your future. You can stay as long as you are working on that plan, whether you are looking for housing or developing a safety plan if you intend to return home. Some women only need to stay for a night or two. Others stay longer.
- What if I have a physical disability? Lilli House is fully wheelchair accessible, with a wheelchair accessible bathroom, shower, and bedrooms. If you have a Care Aide or Home Support Worker, arrangements can be made for that person to assist you in Lilli House.
- What if I leave home in the middle of the night and don’t bring any clothing or toiletries? With the help of generous donations from the community, we can usually supply what you will need by way of clothing and toiletries.
- What about meals? Each woman prepares breakfast and lunch for herself and her children. Residents take turns preparing dinner. Lilli House provides all the food. Our staff will assist any woman who is unable to prepare her own meals.
- What does it cost? Nothing. All Lilli House services are free.
Addiction Recovery Programs
Lilli House offers a Detox Program for women who need to withdraw from alcohol and / or drugs. Women in this program may stay for 1 – 2 weeks, depending on need.
To access Detox, please call the Substance Abuse Nurse at St. Joseph’s Hospital - 250.339.1573
Lilli House also offers a Supportive Recovery Program for women who have successfully completed Detox. Women in this program may stay for up to 4 weeks.
To access Supportive Recovery, please call Alcohol and Drug Services at Vancouver Island Health Authority – 250.331-8524